Saturday, September 1, 2012

Okay, it's September and "Altered Earth" isn't out yet. The third book of the trilogy is/will be when published about 100 pages longer than the first two. I needed the extra pages to give each character a satisfactory end. In terms of word count these books are right around 200,000. That's equal to Rowling's "Deathly Hallows." Which surprises me as in person I'm a man of few words. Guess I've been saving them up for my books.

For those of you who haven't checked out the first two books, I do break down the whole story by character and then have several shorter sections for each character or combo of characters per chapter. A good, steady pace has always been important for me as a reader and I have very purposefully included that in this series. As a "brief history of humankind" I have covered a great deal of territory both in terms of planets and time in the books.

If you want to get a taste of my writing without having to dive into a long narrative, check out "Seema's Story" (http://tinyurl.com/8ofaqhl). It is $0.99 on Kindle and is a collection of the sections that focus on Seema, one of the major characters of the series.

"Altered Earth" will be out in the third or fourth week of September.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment